PSD & ALDE wish to transform Romania into a paradise for criminals. Senators bury justice, helping Dragnea and other criminals escape convictions, criminal records, seizures and confiscations. PSD & ALDE also want to reach the Presidency of Romania to complete their plan of destroying the country.
The Senate has just adopted the amendments to the Criminal Procedure Code, which help the politicians with criminal problems: Dragnea may now request a review of the final conviction decision of 2 years suspended sentence, because one of the judges that sentenced him did not signed the decision, despite being part of the decision-making process. Complex cases, with substantial evidence, including financial expertise, will be thrown away because an amendment adopted by the Senate, stops any investigation, unless prosecutors finish the prosecution phase in one year. The suspects will escape from investigations in cases of money laundering, corruption, fraud, trafficking of human beings or arms, and cases of cross-border crime, which obviously last for more than a year, and the only cases left will regard theft of chickens.
Basically, (a) a limitation period of 1 year is set, even for countries with a modest democracy, (b) many investigations from other states will be blocked and (c) cross-border police and judicial cooperation will be blocked.
There are also other controversial amendments proposed by PSD & ALDE:
- The suspect or defendant may participate in any criminal investigation or any hearing if he wishes. How will a victim of trafficking, rape or attempted murder be able to speak when the person who is suspected for committing those crimes is in front of her? How will those who gave the bribe declare this in front of a politician or „well known” mogul? How will undercover witnesses be protected from being in danger? In other words, it is the end of investigations of politicians, barons, and of those who have put fear on people for years.
- Evidence obtained from interceptions or communications during an investigation, that do not relate to the offense subject of the investigation, may not be used or attached to the criminal investigation file anymore. If during an investigation for corruption, evidence of child trafficking is found in a computer search, these may be deleted or another search warrant may be requested, which will be given retrospectively to be used in another criminal case.
- A whistleblower will not be able to benefit from a reduced punishment unless the denunciation is made within the first 6 months of committing the offence. Actually, the denunciation is limited to 6 months after committing the offence, even if the whistleblower finds out later about committing the offence or decides to denounce it. Moreover, the essence of the denouncing, used throughout the world, is that the denouncer can benefit from a reduced sentence. Otherwise, why would the denunciation be made? We should not forget that the interest of the society is to catch those at the top of the criminal pyramids, and without whistleblowers, this cannot be achieved anymore. We know that PSD & ALDE hate the institution of the denunciation precisely because it proved to be very effective. On June 9, in Victoriei Square, Dragnea announced us all, from the stage of the red plague: „We have to say: ready with the denunciations!”
- Prosecutors must inform the suspect before his/her first interview about his/her quality in the case, the exact crime he/she is suspected for, and all the evidence that he/she perpetrated that crime. We hereby say goodbye to any investigation in Romania or cross-border, goodbye cooperation between EU states and others, goodbye Europe!
- No communications, statements or other information, related to the facts and persons subject to these procedures will be made available directly or indirectly, originating from public authorities. Thus, the suspects, defendants and convicts will be able to blow their innocence all over the press.
This proposal tends to limit the freedom of expression and the right to inform. Public authorities may thus be discouraged to disclose any information about the state of investigations, in this way informing the public about matters of general interest. Therefore, the interest of the person being investigated seems to prevail over the general interest of the society. In other words, the population will only be informed by those investigated or sentenced, and not by the competent authorities. PSD & ALDE highlights that, those investigated and convicted are good and impartial, while the investigating and judicial authorities are bad and lying. Don’t you think that in a country led by honesty and clear judgment it should be exactly the opposite?
Amendment to Criminal Codes will also lead to blocking investigations from other states, especially cross-border crime investigations such as terrorism, trafficking, money laundering, corruption, tax fraud, all very serious crimes. Criminals usually move the core of their criminal organisations in countries where the law protects them, Romania will become, through PSD & ALDE, the paradise of criminals and the population will suffer.
Simultaneously, PSD & ALDE are also planning the DNA decapitation. With Dragnea at the forefront, the leaders of the coalition are talking more and more about the suspension of the President. This means, Tariceanu will become President and will be able, at any time, to sign the revocation of the DNA Chief Prosecutor without having any debates or analyzes about the independence of the prosecutors.
Moreover, PSD & ALDE leaders are interpreting the Constitution and the laws and say that they could suspend the president, even without a referendum of dismissal.
This means, they are doing their dirty work, destroying the country and then retreat to the Parliament, defended by their immunity.